April 17, 20230
Skincare mistakes to avoid this Summer
Summer is a season when we need to be extra cautious about our skincare routine. With the heat and humidity, our skin is prone to a variety of issues like sunburn, acne, and excess oil production. However, even with the best of intentions, we sometimes end up making skincare mistakes that can harm our skin. In this blog, we will discuss some common skincare mistakes to avoid this summer.
- Not wearing sunscreen: The most common mistake people make during summers is not applying sunscreen. Sunscreen is essential to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Make sure you apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, 30 minutes before you go out in the sun. Reapply every two hours if you are out for an extended period.
- Skipping the moisturizer: Many people believe that moisturizer is not required during summers as the skin is already oily. However, this is a misconception. Your skin still needs hydration, and skipping the moisturizer can lead to dryness, which can cause your skin to produce more oil. Use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
- Over-exfoliating: Exfoliation is crucial to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. However, over-exfoliating can cause damage to the skin barrier, leading to sensitivity and irritation. Limit exfoliation to once or twice a week and use gentle, chemical exfoliants instead of physical scrubs.
- Not drinking enough water: Staying hydrated is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Drinking water helps flush out toxins from the body, keeping your skin clear and glowing. Make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water a day during summers.
- Using hot water to wash your face: Hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness and irritation. Use lukewarm or cool water to wash your face instead.
- Not cleaning your phone: Your phone is a breeding ground for bacteria, and not cleaning it can lead to breakouts on your chin and cheeks. Use an alcohol wipe or a microfiber cloth to clean your phone regularly.
- Overusing skincare products: Using too many skincare products can do more harm than good. Overloading your skin with too many products can clog pores and cause irritation. Stick to a simple skincare routine with just a few essential products.
In conclusion, taking care of your skin during summers is crucial to maintain healthy and glowing skin. Avoid these common skincare mistakes, and you’ll be on your way to healthy and beautiful skin all summer long.